Chiropractic adjustments are a main method of treatment used by our chiropractors at Pike Chiropractic Therapy Center in Dayton, OH. These involve manual manipulation of the spine and other joints to relieve pain and improve function. Learn about the various types of chiropractic adjustments below:
- Diversified Technique: This technique is the most used chiropractic technique. It involves a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust to the joints that need adjustment. Our chiropractors may use their hands or a small hand-held instrument to apply the thrust. This technique is used to restore normal joint motion and alleviate pain
- Gonstead Technique: This method is a specific chiropractic technique that focuses on the individual needs of each patient. It involves a thorough evaluation of the spine and other joints to determine the exact location of the misalignment. Our chiropractors then apply a specific adjustment to correct the problem in the specific area
- Thompson Technique: This chiropractic technique is a chiropractic technique that uses a special table with drop pieces to adjust the spine. The table is designed to drop slightly when our chiropractors put pressure onto the spine, allowing for more of a comfortable and precise adjustment
- Activator Technique: This method is a gentle, low-force, and uses a small instrument called an activator to realign the spine. The activator delivers a quick, precise thrust to the joint that needs adjustment. This technique is often used for patients who prefer a gentler approach to chiropractic care
- Flexion-Distraction Technique: This technique is a gentle, non-force option that is used to treat herniated discs and other spinal disorders. Our chiropractors utilize a special table that flexes and distracts the spine to relieve pressure on the affected disc
- Sacro-Occipital Technique: This method is a holistic chiropractic approach that focuses on the relationship between the sacrum and the occiput. The technique involves the use of small, precise adjustments to restore proper alignment and function to the spine
- Cox Flexion-Distraction Technique: This gentle technique is used to treat the spine. Using a specialized table and light decompressions, this method can help relieve pain and realign the spine.
Contact Pike Chiropractic Therapy Center for a Consultation
Chiropractic adjustments are a safe and effective way to treat a variety of musculoskeletal and nervous system disorders that may be causing pain. At Pike Chiropractic Therapy Center in Dayton, OH, we provide personalized treatment to help alleviate discomfort and improve your overall health and wellness. Give us a call today!