The upper back spans from the bottom of the neck to the middle of your back. Upper back pain is a common problem, and there is a wide range of issues that can contribute to aches and pains. Whether the pain you're dealing with is mild, moderate, or severe, you can find relief at Pike Chiropractic Therapy Center in Huber Heights, OH.
What Causes Upper Back Pain?
There are several behaviors and medical conditions that can contribute to upper back pain. Conditions that may cause pain include:
- Bad posture: Posture issues can put pressure on your spine. Over time, this can lead to pain and other symptoms, such as muscle fatigue and poor balance.
- Text neck: It's common for people to hold their heads forward for long periods while using cell phones. This can lead to a condition commonly referred to as text neck that causes upper back and shoulder pain.
- Back strains: Pain in the upper back may be a symptom of a muscle, tendon, or ligament injury. These types of injuries are usually caused by improper lifting or muscle overuse.
- Whiplash: While whiplash is a neck injury, it can also cause tenderness and pain in the upper back. This type of injury is usually caused by car crashes, sports injuries, and physical trauma.
- Slipped or herniated discs: Your spinal bones are separated by rubbery discs. If these discs slip out of position or tear, it can put stress on your spine.
- Heavy backpacks: Many students experience upper back pain caused by carrying heavy backpacks.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
As you can see, upper back pain has many causes. A chiropractor can help you determine what's causing your pain and treat these issues. Spinal manipulation can bring your spine back into alignment, which can relieve pain and discomfort. In addition, chiropractic treatments can increase blood flow to your upper back, which can reduce inflammation and help your body recover from these injuries.
Over time, chiropractic care can help you strengthen the muscles in your back and improve your flexibility and range of motion. A chiropractor can also correct posture issues that could be one of the factors causing your pain. Chiropractic treatments can improve your spinal health and enhance nervous symptom function, which can help your body manage pain more effectively.
Get Chiropractic Care for Your Upper Back Pain
Even though upper back pain is less common than lower back pain, it's still an issue that many people struggle with. You can manage and treat your pain with the help of our staff at Pike Chiropractic Therapy Center. Call our team today at (937) 236-1705 if you live in or around Huber Heights and are experiencing upper back pain.