Neck pain can be incredibly debilitating when it makes it difficult to move your head. While there are many possible causes for neck pain, it is often the result of poor posture or an injury. Thankfully, chiropractic care is an effective way to reduce neck pain and improve your quality of life. Is neck pain preventing you from enjoying your life? Visit our team at Pike Therapy Center in Huber Heights, OH. Our chiropractors are experienced professionals who can provide you with the neck pain relief you need to get back to your normal routine.
Neck Pain Causes
When you're experiencing pain in your neck, it's only natural you would want to know the potential causes so that you can avoid them in the future. While there are many possible causes of neck pain, some of the more common ones include:
- Poor posture - This is often the result of sitting at a desk all day or looking down at your phone for extended periods.
- Injury - An accident or fall can result in neck pain.
- Muscle strain - This can be caused by overuse, such as from working out or playing sports.
- Arthritis - Arthritis occurs when the cartilage between your bones breaks down, causing them to rub against each other. This can lead to inflammation and pain.
- Whiplash - This is a type of neck injury that often occurs in car accidents, whereby the head is violently thrown forward and back again.
Neck pain can vary in intensity, from a dull ache to sharp, stabbing pains. It may also cause headaches, or make it difficult to move your head. If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's important to see a chiropractor for neck pain treatment.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
When you visit one of our chiropractors, you will first get a consultation to discuss your symptoms and health history. We will then conduct a physical examination, which may include tests such as x-rays. Once we have a diagnosis, we will create a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
One of the common neck pain treatments is chiropractic adjustments. This involves the doctor using his hands or a small tool to manipulate the bones in your neck. This helps relieve pressure on your nerves and improve your range of motion. We may also recommend neck exercises or stretches that you can do at home, as well as certain lifestyle changes to improve your posture and reduce stress.
Get Neck Pain Relief at Pike Therapy Center in Huber Heights, OH
If you're ready to find relief from your neck pain, we're here to help. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Murdock or Dr. Miles at Pike Therapy Center in Huber Heights. We will determine the exact cause of your pain and develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses the root cause. Call our team today at (937) 236-1705 for natural and effective neck pain relief.